Thursday, 3 November 2011

A new tonal painting started...

I have been concentrating so much on the red kimonos of late that I really needed to just paint for the sake of it. I started this painting yesterday afternoon and worked on it for about an hour. I knew I didnt have much time to do much as I had to leave to pick up the kids from school and nursery so I just painted like a mad thing. I was surprised at how much I managed to complete. This could be due to me not having the time to overthink it.
I took these with my camera phone so apologies for the quality  of the photos. I will post better photos once it is finished..



           

   

2 comments:

  1. This is lovely.I so enjoy tonal paintings. Something very soothing about them. I understand the need to break away from the Red Kimono series. I have a very hard time doing series myself. I start to get bored after about the third one and want to move on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sandra. Especially from such a wonderful artist as yourself. I definitely feel energised by painting so quickly and alla prima. You can see my technique is usually more time consuming as I work in layers. Do you always paint wet in wet or do you glaze?

    ReplyDelete